- Written by Akos Hajdu
- Category: Uncategorised
- Hits: 6037
Publications supported by the ADVANCE project
L. Montecchi, P. Lollini, A. Bondavalli. Stochastic Activity Networks Templates: Supporting Variability in Performability Models. In: IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Vol. 71, Issue 2, pp. 640-656 (Open access).
- Casare A., da Silva C., Basso, T., Moraes R. "Using a quality model to evaluate user interface trustworthiness of e-commerce systems: scoring strategies and preliminary results". In: Proc. of the 17th International Joint Conference on Computer Vision, Imaging and Computer Graphics Theory and Applications - HUCAPP, on-line, February 6-8, pp. 209-216, 2022. (Open access)
- Á. Hajdu, N. Ivaki, I. Kocsis, A. Klenik L. Gönczy, N. Laranjeiro, H. Madeira, A. Pataricza. Using Fault Injection to Assess Blockchain Systems in Presence of Faulty Smart Contracts. IEEE Access, 2020. (Open access) DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3032239
- L. Leal, L. Montecchi, A. Ceccarelli, E. Martins. Using Metamodels to Improve Model-Based Testing of Service Orchestrations. In: 25th IEEE Pacific Rim International Symposium on Dependable Computing (PRDC 2020) Perth, Australia, December 1-4, 2020. (Authors' version)
- L. Montecchi, F. Moncini, P. Lollini, K. Keefe. An Eclipse-Based Editor for SAN Templates. In: 12th International Workshop on Software Engineering for Resilient Systems (SERENE 2020), pp. 159-167. Munich, Germany, September 7, 2020. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-58462-7_13. (Authors' version)
- N. Laranjeiro, C. Gomez, E. Schiavone, L. Montecchi, M. J. M. Carvalho, P. Lollini and Z. Micskei. Addressing Verification and Validation Challenges in Future Cyber-Physical Systems. In: 9th Latin-American Symposium on Dependable Computing (LADC), 2019. DOI: 10.1109/LADC48089.2019.8995714. (Authors' version)
- L. Leal, L. Montecchi, A. Ceccarelli, E. Martins. Exploiting MDE for Platform-Independent Testing of Service Orchestrations. In: 15th European Dependable Computing Conference (EDCC 2019), pp. 149-152. Naples, Italy, September 17-20, 2019. DOI: 10.1109/EDCC.2019.00037 (Authors' version)
- D. Sierra, L. Montecchi, I. Mura. Stochastic Modeling and Analysis of Vapor Cloud Explosions Domino Effects in Chemical Plants. In: Journal of the Brazilian Computer Society, Vol. 25, pp. 11:1-11:19 (October 2019). DOI: 10.1186/s13173-019-0092-8 (Open Access)
Publications related to the ADVANCE project
- M. Dobos-Kovács, A. Vörös. 2023. "Evaluation of SMT solvers in abstraction-based software model checking". In Proc. of the 11th Latin-American Symposium on Dependable Computing (LADC '22). ACM, 109–116. doi: 10.1145/3569902.3570187
- D. Paiva, J. M. Duarte, R. Lima, M. Carvalho, F. Mattiello-Francisco and H. Madeira, "Fault injection platform for affordable verification and validation of CubeSats software," 2021 10th Latin-American Symposium on Dependable Computing (LADC), Florianopolis, Brazil, 2021, pp. 1-11, doi: 10.1109/LADC53747.2021.9672584.
- Tito J., Basso T., Moraes R. "ORUN - A virtual reality serious-game for kinematics learning". In: Proc. of IEEE Conf. on Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces Abstracts and Workshops - VRW, on-line, pp. 978-979, 2022.
- Casare A., da Silva C., Moraes R. "Do dependable systems need good user interfaces?". In: Proc. of the 11th Latin-American Symposium on Dependable Computing, Fortaleza, Brasil, November 21-26, pp. 1-8, 2022.
- Terrosi, Francesco, Andrea Ceccarelli, and Andrea Bondavalli. "Failure modes and failure mitigation in GPGPUs: a reference model and its application." 2022 IEEE 46th Annual Computers, Software, and Applications Conference (COMPSAC). IEEE, 2022.
- Atif, Muhammad, et al. "Robust Traffic Sign Recognition Against Camera Failures." IEEE Open Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems 3 (2022): 709-722. https://doi.org/10.1109/OJITS.2022.3213183 (Open Access)
- Gharib, Mohamad, et al. "A cyber–physical–social approach for engineering Functional Safety Requirements for automotive systems." Journal of Systems and Software 189 (2022): 111310.
- Ceccarelli, Andrea, and Francesco Secci. "RGB cameras failures and their effects in autonomous driving applications." IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (2022).
- Atif, Muhammad, et al. "Towards enhancing traffic sign recognition through sliding windows." Sensors 22.7 (2022): 2683. https://doi.org/10.3390/s22072683 (Open Access)
- Danilo Pallamin de Almeida; Bence Graics; Ronan Arraes Jardim Chagas; Fabiano Luis de Sousa; Fatima Mattiello-Francisco. "Towards Simulation of CubeSat Operational Scenarios under a Cyber-Physical Systems View". 10th Latin-American Symposium on Dependable Computing (LADC), DOI: 10.1109/LADC53747.2021.9672594 (2021)
- Piazzesi, Niccolò, Massimo Hong, and Andrea Ceccarelli. "Attack and Fault Injection in Self-driving Agents on the Carla Simulator–Experience Report." International Conference on Computer Safety, Reliability, and Security. Springer, Cham, 2021.
- Zoppi, Tommaso, and Andrea Ceccarelli. "Detect Adversarial Attacks Against Deep Neural Networks With GPU Monitoring." IEEE Access 9 (2021): 150579-150591.
- Zoppi, Tommaso, Andrea Ceccarelli, and Andrea Bondavalli. "Detecting Intrusions by Voting Diverse Machine Learners: Is It Really Worth?." 2021 IEEE 26th Pacific Rim International Symposium on Dependable Computing (PRDC). IEEE, 2021.
- Zoppi, Tommaso, et al. "Unsupervised anomaly detectors to detect intrusions in the current threat landscape." ACM/IMS Transactions on Data Science 2.2 (2021): 1-26.
- Zoppi, Tommaso, Andrea Ceccarelli, and Andrea Bondavalli. "Unsupervised algorithms to detect zero-day attacks: Strategy and application." Ieee Access 9 (2021): 90603-90615.
- Zoppi, Tommaso, and Andrea Ceccarelli. "Prepare for trouble and make it double! Supervised–Unsupervised stacking for anomaly-based intrusion detection." Journal of Network and Computer Applications 189 (2021): 103106.
- Gharib, Mohamad, Leandro Dias da Silva, and Andrea Ceccarelli. "A model to discipline autonomy in cyber‐physical systems‐of‐systems and its application." Journal of Software: Evolution and Process9 (2021): e2328.
- Atif, Muhammad, Andrea Ceccarelli, and Andrea Bondavalli. "Reliable Traffic Sign Recognition System." Anais Estendidos do X Latin-American Symposium on Dependable Computing. SBC, 2021. https://doi.org/10.5753/ladc.2021.18528
- Atif, Muhammad, et al. "Quantitative comparison of supervised algorithms and feature sets for traffic sign recognition." Proceedings of the 36th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing . 2021. https://doi.org/10.1145/3412841.3442072
- Casare, Andréia Rodrigues; Silva, C. G. ; Moraes, R. L. O. ; Basso, T. . Towards Usability Interface Trustworthiness in e-Commerce Systems. In: 15th International Conference on Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction, 2021, Virtual. Proc. of the 15th International Conference on Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction, 2021. v. 1. p. 1-8.
- G. Lopes, L. Montecchi. Characterizing and Injecting Faults in Executable Models Specified with fUML. In: 10th Latin-American Symposium on Dependable Computing (LADC 2021), pp. 1-10. Florianopolis, SC, Brazil, November 22-26, 2021. doi: 10.1109/LADC53747.2021.9672596.
- Batista C., Basso T., Mattiello-Francisco M. F., Moraes R. "Impacts of the Space Technology Evolution in the V&V of Embedded Software-Intensive Systems”. IN: The 2020 International Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence - CSCI 2020, Las Vegas, USA, 16-18 Dec., 2020. (Author's version)
- Secci, Francesco, and Andrea Ceccarelli. On failures of RGB cameras and their effects in autonomous driving applications. In: 31st International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering (ISSRE 2020). Coimbra, Portugal, October 12-15, 2020. DOI: 10.1109/ISSRE5003.2020.00011 (Author's version)
- Casare, Andréia Rodrigues; Moraes, R. L. O. ; Basso, T. . Trust Metrics to Measure Website User Experience. In: The 2020 International Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence (CSCI), 2020, Valência. Proc. of The 2020 International Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence (CSCI), 2020. v. 1. p. 1-8.
- Zoppi, Tommaso, et al. On the educated selection of unsupervised algorithms via attacks and anomaly classes. Journal of Information Security and Applications 52 (2020). DOI: 10.1016/j.jisa.2020.102474 (Open Access)
- Gharib, Mohamad, et al. Governance & Autonomy. Towards a Governance-based Analysis of Autonomy in Cyber-Physical Systems-of-Systems. 2020 IEEE 15th International Conference of System of Systems Engineering (SoSE). IEEE, 2020. DOI: 10.1109/
SoSE50414.2020.9130527. (Author's version)
- João Agnelo, Nuno Laranjeiro, Jorge Bernardino, Using Orthogonal Defect Classification to characterize NoSQL database defects, Journal of Systems and Software, Volume 159, 2020, 110451, DOI: 10.1016/j.jss.2019.110451 (Author's version)
- Fábio Lopes, João Agnelo, César A. Teixeira, Nuno Laranjeiro, Jorge Bernardino, Automating orthogonal defect classification using machine learning algorithms, Future Generation Computer Systems, Volume 102, 2020, Pages 932-947, 10.1016/j.future.2019.09.009 (Author's version)
- M. Gharib and A. Bondavalli. On the Evaluation Measures for Machine Learning Algorithms for Safety-critical Systems. In the 15th European Dependable Computing Conference (EDCC), 2019. DOI: 10.1109/EDCC.2019.00035 (Author's version)
- M. Gharib, P. Lollini and A. Bondavalli. Toward a Model-based Approach for Analyzing Information Quality Requirements for Smart Grid. In Proc. of the International Workshop on Dependable SOlutions for Intelligent Electricity Distribution GRIds (DSOGRI) 2019. DOI: 10.1109/EDCC.2019.00044 (Author's version)
- L. Dias da Silva, D. Mongelli, P. Lollini, A. Bondavalli, G. Mandó. Performability Analysis of a Tramway System with Virtual Tags and Local Positioning. In: 9th Latin-American Symposium on Dependable Computing (LADC), 2019. (Best paper award) DOI: 10.1109/LADC48089.2019.8995712. (Author's version)
- L. Montecchi, P. Lollini, A. Bondavalli. A Template-Based Methodology for the Specification and Automated Composition of Performability Models;. In: IEEE Transactions on Reliability 69:1 (2019). DOI: 10.1109/TR.2019.2898351 (Open Access)
- E. Rodrigues Jr., L. Montecchi. Towards a Structured Specification of Coding Conventions. In: 24th IEEE Pacific Rim International Symposium on Dependable Computing (PRDC 2019), pp. 168-177. Kyoto, Japan, December 1-3, 2019. DOI: 10.1109/PRDC47002.2019.00047 (Authors' version)
- H.Maria Maqsood, Eduardo Guerra, Xiaofeng Wang, Andrea Bondavalli. Patterns for Development of Safety-Critical Systems with Agile: Trace Safety Requirements and Perform Automated Testing. In 25th European Conference on Pattern Languages of Programs 2020 EUROPLOP, Germany, July 1-4, 2020. DOI: 10.5220/0009356403310338 (Authors' version)
- H.Maria Maqsood, Eduardo Guerra, Xiaofeng Wang, Andrea Bondavalli. Teams AND Up-Front Testing for Development of Safety-Critical Systems with Agile. Published in 27th USA CONFERENCE ON PATTERN LANGUAGES OF PROGRAMS USA PLoP 2020, USA, October 12 – 16, 2020. (Authors' version)
- R. Moraes, T. Basso and E. Martins, V-Model Adaptation for Space Systems in Light of the ECSS Standard 2021 10th Latin-American Symposium on Dependable Computing (LADC), 2021, pp. 01-04, doi: 10.1109/LADC53747.2021.9672593.
- Written by Zoltan Micskei
- Category: Uncategorised
- Hits: 13350
The 1st Workshop on vAlidation and verification in FuturE cybeR-physical Systems (WAFERS) will be organized co-Located with the LADC 2019 Conference (Latin-American Dependable Computing) on November 19th Natal, Brasil.
The goal of the workshop is to provide a common forum where researchers from across the world can debate new research ideas and directions on novel dependability assessment approaches for cyber-physical and complex systems by gathering researchers and practitioners working on cypher-physical research topics and related areas such as data communication in cyber-physical networks, safety and security of cyber-physical and critical systems, automated verification and validation of critical systems.
- Written by Akos Hajdu
- Category: Uncategorised
- Hits: 9354
Consorzio Interuniversitario Nazionale Per L’Informatica (Italy)
CINI, a consortium of 44 public Italian universities, is today the main reference for the national academic research in the fields of Computer Engineering, Computer Science, and IT. It supports joint scientific activities of research and technological transfer, with academia, industries, and Public Administrations. The CINI research team participating in ADVANCE is the Local node of CINI at UNIFI (CINI-FI) and in particular the Resilient Computing Lab (RCL). CINI-FI has his main research focus on dependable architectures and systems. The group is currently involved in research spanning two macro areas: (1) architectures and techniques for fault-tolerant systems, infrastructures and networks, and (2) validation of systems dependability, trust and QoS through analytical, simulative and experimental techniques. CINI-FI has extensive previous experience in the field of Verification, Validation, Assessment and Measurement of trustworthiness in critical systems.
Universidade de Coimbra (Portugal)
The Systems and Software Engineering (SSE) Group is located at the Centre for Informatics and Systems of the University of Coimbra (CISUC). CISUC is part of the Faculty of Science and Technology of the University of Coimbra (UC), which is a prestigious European Research Higher Education Institution. With around 20000 students, UC is one of the largest Universities in Portugal. The Systems and Software Engineering Group (formerly named Dependable Systems Group) has been active since 1989, and includes 12 professors and 20 Ph.D. students.
Key persons: Henrique Madeira (full professor)
Budapest University of Technology and Economics (Hungary)
BME is a university with approximately 22.000 students. The Fault Tolerant Systems Research Group at the Dept. of Measurement and Information Systems has his main research focus on dependable and cloud systems, model-driven software development and formal methods. The group is currently involved in research spanning two CPS related macro areas: (1) V&V techniques (2) measurement-based system identification. The FTSRG has extensive experience in V&V, big data-based measurement analysis, critical CPS. The group offers an MSc course on CPS.
Universidad de los Andes (Colombia)
According to the QS 2015/2016 University Ranking, UNIANDES was the 283rd top university worldwide. The Dept. of Industrial Engineering at UNIANDES has a total of 1,970 students and 3 research groups that are ranked at the top level according to Colombian research ranking criteria. COPA (Centre for Optimization and Applied Probability) research group supports the decision making process at organizations via the analysis, design and application of operations research and statistical computer-based techniques.
Key persons: Ivan Mura (professor)
ResilTech s.r.l. (Italy)
ResilTech is an ICT consultancy company operating in the field of critical systems since early 2008; it is a SME company (~25 employers) that integrates the experiences of R&D in resilient computing with specific industrial skills. These two sectors perfectly integrated inside the company makes of ResilTech an ICT consulting company always aware of leading edge technologies and open to innovation. With such a background the company provides a competitive added value offering leading-edge expertise, consultancy and technical support in the Railway and in the Automotive domains regarding the following three main areas: i) Support to the Architectural design of Resilient and Secure Systems, ii) Verification and Validation of Safety Critical Systems, iii) Dependability and Quality of Service Quantitative Evaluation. Regarding the analysis, design, verification and validation of critical systems, ResilTech expertise covers all the involved aspects: modelling, specification, validation and verification; Hazard Analysis; analysis of Mean Time Between Hazardous Events; Failure Mode and Effect Analysis; System FMEA; planning and management of Safety Cases; Verification and Validation activities planning; Software Quality verification. Regarding the Architectures and Methodologies for Resilient and Secure Systems, ResilTech services encompass from the support to the architectural design of critical ICT systems to the software development of diagnostic libraries for embedded systems.
Key persons: Francesco Brancati
Universidade Estadual de Campinas (Brazil)
The University of Campinas is a leading Brazilian public university that has attained international recognition for excellence through its innovative approach to higher education. It is the 2nd Latin America's top ten university, and it is the top Brazilian university in number of published articles per faculty members. The UNICAMP group in this project comprises the Institute of Computing (IC) and the School of Technology (FT).
Key persons: Eliane Martins (associate professor)
Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais (Brazil)
INPE is a governmental civilian organization which develops research in Space and Atmospheric Sciences, Earth Observation and Science, Meteorology and Space Engineering. INPE has graduate schools in these areas with an average of 150 students graduated per year, being 85 MSc and 63 PhD. INPE also provides numerical weather and climate prediction products, applies remote sensing techniques, and develops space systems such as satellites and balloons, and ground segment for spacecraft monitoring, control, and data collection, processing and dissemination.
Key persons: Fátima Mattiello-Francisco (senior technologist)
- Written by Akos Hajdu
- Category: Uncategorised
- Hits: 253834
The “Addressing Verification and Validation Challenges in Future Cyber-Physical Systems” (ADVANCE) H2020 RISE research project has started this year with the participation of researchers working on the challenges of future cyber-physical systems. Cyber-physical systems (CPS) are complex systems where the physical aspects are deeply integrated with the communication and computing (cyber) parts providing physical systems with new “intelligent” capabilities. Examples for CPS include autonomous transportation, Industry 4.0 or Internet of Things (IoT) systems. The tight interaction with the physical world often means that CPSs, if not operating properly, can cause harm to users and/or the environment. Therefore the verification and validation (V&V) of such systems is a must. The project will study the V&V methods and the data analysis techniques that are efficient and effective for the new challenges in cyber-physical systems. The goal of the project is to form an international network of organisations working on a joint research and training programme.
According to the Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (RISE) format, the joint research is performed during research exchanges between the partners. The duration of the project is 4 years, and 7 partner organizations are participating: Consorzio Interuniversitario Nazionale Per L’Informatica (Italy), Universidade de Coimbra (Portugal), Budapest University of Technology and Economics (Hungary), Universidad de los Andes (Colombia), ResilTech s.r.l. (Italy), Universidade Estadual de Campinas (Brazil) and Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais (Brazil). he project will work on two CPS case studies to collect challenges and requirements for future V&V activities. The first one is the Brazilian Environmental Data Collection System (BEDCS) developed and operated at INPE. The second use case provided by ResilTech is studying the use of modern, multi-core processors and operating systems in future safety-critical systems.